Time for an update on the progress of the main Re 6/6 update:
– Enginephysics (powercurves) – DONE
– Textures (color, shaders, shadowmaps) – DONE
– New front windows, lower sidewindows – DONE
– Sound (louder, minor changes to cabsounds) – DONE
– Lightcheck when ‘Hauptschalter’ is engaged – DONE
– Re 6/6 ‘SIFA’ (distance based) implementation – 50%
– Added details (Rangiertritt, UIC connector) – DONE
I completely renewed the textures to prevent any unwanted effects. The patch with new sound and physics is now avialable (owners have received an email) in the downloads area of your account. There is still a lot of work to do on the Wachsamkeitskontrolle (Sifa) and then testing. There are some complaints about derailments in tight curves. That has to do with the middle bogie. I will look at ways to minimise this problem too.
We’re looking at another 2 or 3 weeks at least before release.
Owners of the Re 6/6 – 620 Platinum Pack will receive the update for free when ready (will receive notification).